Use the "Add new.." button in the "news" section of your team page after logging in to take you to the news editor. Make sure to review the public checkbox before saving if you want to restrict visibility and access to your team's logged in users only, or leave it unchecked to share your news item with the Bola community and the world. Besides this access control there are various other options and settings for each news item:
- Author: Name of the news items author. Choose your name from list of members in the pulldown menu.
- News Type: Depending on your choice the news form will change to show or hide additional fields. Current news types besider regular blog/news items include classified ads, external links/news/media and community questions.
- Text: This is the main text of the news item, which is limited to 1000 characters. If you run out of space use the "Text 2" field to continue writing.
- Textfield 2: Continue your Text from Field 1 here if you hit the 1000 Characters limit.
- Image: You can add a image for each news item that will be displayed in a predefined size.
- Fileupload: you can also add a document for download to your news item. Use this field to share files like PDF's, office documents or compressed archives.
- Link: You can add an additional external link to your news item. USe this field to link to third party sites
- Send news via e-mail: You can optionally send out notifications and a link to your news item to your users or individual subgroups. Requires correct e-mail adresses in the mebers list.